Life is not somewhere waiting for you, it is happening in you. It is not in the future as a goal to be arrived at, it is herenow, this very moment — in your breathing, circulating in your blood, beating in your heart. Whatsoever you are is your life, and if you start seeking meaning somewhere else, you will miss it. Man has done that for centuries.
SP: “Adagio” from Spartacus by Aram Khachaturian
FS: Music from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack by various artists
SP: Flamenco Medley from the Flamenco Fantasy soundtrack by Johann Sebastian Bach
FS: Fairy Dance from the Peter Pan soundtrack by James Newton…
Here is my layback spin.
I feel alone quite often, but it’s a lonely sport. Your only true friend is you and your skates. So remember before every program, every spin, and every jump that you’re never alone and that you can do anything (figure skater or not) you put your mind to, because that’s the way humans are. People nowadays care about the unimportant stuff and miss the good important stuff. So take my advice, stop caring what people think, stop wishing and getting frustrated, do the right thing and do the thing you love, because THAT is happiness.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.